Wednesday, February 1, 2012
CHA-W, 2012 Day 3
Inspiration Abounds...

Although the winter show will go for one more day, our time here has come to an end. To be honest, i'm kind of glad. My poor broken foot is reeeeeally not happy with me running back and forth over a trade show the size of 4 football fields for three days! HA! But it was worth it to get my grubby hands on some of the top releases!

I promised that I had a TON of stuff to show you so lets just get right to it shall we?

In no particular order:

Aren't these bottles absolutely GORGEOUS! I have got to find out where the artist got her toppers, so that I can recreate this masterpiece for my own studio! These lovelies were found outside the Prima booth, using the Almanac products!


LOOK!!! Jesse James beads! These are dahling!!!! A definite fabulous find!


DANG... Finding stuff I can SHOW you guys is hard! I don't want to ruin any "surprises!" hahahaha!!! Let's see what else we have on the ol' memory card...


OH! OH! OH! Lookit this! Look VERY closely at that spoon..... do you see what I see? YEP! A technique kit in our future to show you just how to do this! I fell in love with this project so much, that I went and bought an old spoon so that I could create this one myself! Pardon the poor photo - all I had this day was my cell phone :-(

Give me a minute, and I'll remember who these were from....


This fun little ATC Library card drawer is going to belong to one, or two (or more) lucky ladies in the next couple of months! *wink*



Okay ladies, this thing is absolutely AMAZING! A wreath made out of different sized stretched canvases! I was totally wowed by the creativity shown here. Canvas corp designers never cease to amaze me with their outstanding displays!

Here are a few more FABULOUS canvas display pieces...



As ALWAYS - Kaisercraft did NOT disappoint! Their release had some stunning paper lines in it, and their booth was flooded with amazing projects using the new papers, as well as their new MDF Project pieces:

I just loved this beautiful recipe box!

And this awesome altered tray!


Here's a totally awesome recipe book by 7gypsies. Boy Howdy, did they make a fantastic come back after being purchased by Canvas Corp!



LaBlanche stamps has the most detailed, and beautiful stamping displays I've ever seen - HANDS DOWN! Here is just a small sampling of what I found in their booth...







Here are just a few of my favorite new stamps by LaBlanche!


And here is some absolutely FREAKIN' A-MAZING pieces done by mixed media artist - Anna Dabrowska!
This LARGE canvas was created by Anna specifically for display at the Prima Marketing booth. This amazing piece of mixed media art took Anna 2 days to complete, and is a depiction of Anna, as Titania from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Can you see Anna's face, and the long flowing gown??


Would you love to learn Anna's techniques? You're going to get that chance - VERY SOON! Keep your eyes peeled on Swirlydoos for some MAJOR announcements coming soon!


Here is Anna and myself at the Prima booth last night after the show closed. Do we look as dead as we felt? What a looooooooong day!

Oh, and since one of my girls (I think it was Peggy) wanted to know what we worked on in Anna's class, I'll show you a very RAW photo of the project I did on Saturday night over at Prima's warehouse. Keep in mind that this baby is NOT complete. I'm slow.. I was busy chatting with everyone and didn't get my work done. Now I have homework! LOL! And as Anna has told me, when I think i'm finished putting embellishments on it, I need to go to the toilet, take a break, and when I come back with fresh eyes - I need to ADD MORE STUFF! Then glimmer mist the hell out of it!

Yes, I know it's a crappy photo - took it with my phone! LOL




In closing, I will leave you with images from around the Prima Marketing booth. There is so much God given talent in that one small space, that it ought to be a crime!



Here is Miss Sharon Lakkonnen showing (and telling) her PHONE about all the new pretty papers.... (That girl ain't right) LMAOOOOO!! j/k honey!




Pictured here (in the first two chairs on the left side of the table) are Pretty Miss Pom, and Miss Sherry Mendoza pretending to be busy at work so that they don't really have to work! By this time today, we were all LONG overdue for a drink!





The next few inspirational pieces were all created using Prima's new ALMANAC line
*grinz*







And with that, it's time for one last round of hugs. I grab my (shhhh it's a secret - for now!) and walk out of the booth, with promises to return (with some of my friends) for a very special get together in July.

I say goodbye to CHA, and head to the beach where I put my toes in the sand and say goodbye to today...








14 comments:

Unknown said...

oooohhhhhh, so lovely and I LOVE Anna's canvas!!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne Forsythe said...

OMW Krissy.....did you hear me yelling all the way from NH when I saw Anna's creation.....cause it was LOUD!! and you had the opportunity to take a class with her to booot!! WOW!! I can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve......

Amy said...

I think I need another job - I want it all! Just gorgeous and I agree that Anna's work is incredible and we get to learn it! Yippee!
I have Rheumatoid Disease and there is a very important "Spoon Theory" that helps on bad days and that spoon project would be absolutely perfect to help me remember to be careful where I use my "spoons", (energy). Thanks for the CHA tour!

kantig34 said...

Thanks for these peeks, Krissy! I cannot wait for the surprises you have in store for us! May have to go back to work to be able to get all these goodies because, of course, I have to have it all! Take care of yourself, sweetie!

LisiB said...

Ok, this is serious! I HAVE to win the lottery to get all these wonderful goodies. One day I WILL go to CHA - I just have to!

Linda Pekrul said...

Wow! Great way to start the day, looking at all this beautiful creativitiy. Loved it ALL! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. And getting to learn Anna's technique.....YES!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us Krissy.

Angelica said...

OH wow!!!! I'm in love with Anna's work!! I can't wait to see what you two have in store to learn her technique!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Rae said...

Yay! I can't wait to see all the new goodies and techniques that you found for our kits! NO ONE has an eye for this stuff like YOU!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Unknown said...

Wow - can't wait to learn Anna's techniques (jumping up and down doing the happy dance!). Gorgeous stuff, can't wait for the new kits to unveil. Glad you had a good time, and hope you have a couple of days to put your foot up when you get home.

Scraps of Elegance said...

Thank you Krissy for being our ambassador at CHA and lifting our days with beautiful pics and your funny sense of humor.

Peggy Giovanetti said...

OMG Krissy *grinned*!!!! & I need me some Almanac!!!!!
Fantastic images, Krissy!!!! I can't wait to see your "secret"!!!!!

scrappygal said...

Oh wow!!! Anna's work is out of this world!!! Love your artwork too and I don't think it's a crappy picture! Looked gorgeous to me!! Can't wait to see what's in our upcoming kits!!

carine1960 said...

waw,this is realy stunning,i cannot wait for the surprises you have in store for us!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed