Sunday, September 9, 2012
Well I'm not braggin babe so don't put me down
But I've got the fastest set of wheels in town
When something comes up to me he don't even try
Cause if I had a set of wings man I know she could fly
She's my little deuce coupe
You don't know what I got

Beach Boys





Our pick this week is a wonderful layout created by Jeannie. You may know her at SB.com as Dollscrap. First off, the fabulous black and white photo is a perfect compliment to the beautiful colors in the layout. Jeannie's mother is in the middle with her older sister and their mother in the drivers seat around 1941. What an awesome photo to treasure. The three of them are gorgeous!! The layering of the papers and labels is a perfect balance to the design. Love how the black matting sets them apart but brings it all together. The floral cluster is the perfect color blend of flowers. Love how they drape the photo in beauty and ends with a hanging velvet trinket. The sweet punched butterfly is all dolled up with a flower and pearls. Just the little bit of edge distressing gives this layout a nostalgic look. This one is special Jeannie. We love it!

3 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous! What a cool photo to have too!

Anonymous said...

Oh My GOODNESS....This layout is STUNNING!!! I absolutely LOVE all of this detail!!! WOW!!!

Jeannie v said...

wow...what a pleasant surprise! I was just browsing around and came on the blog to see what's up and there's my layout...Love the lovely description. Thank you ever so much!!...made my day.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed