Saturday, August 31, 2013
Happy Saturday to all of you lovely crafters! In the August Mediums Add-on kit we received Ferro from Viva Decor. If you've never used it before, you must get some! It's a thick metallic texture paste and it is the "in thing" to use with masks and stencils. Did you know that you can also use with stamps? Well, you can, and in this Saturday's video tutorial, I show you one way to incorporate this technique into your projects. Here is a tag I made with the green Ferro and the fence from the August main kit:

And a close up for more detail:

Here's another:


So check out the video tutorial:



Here are a couple of other projects I made with the Passion Berry kit:


"Just for You" Card


I had these scraps form some other projects I made with the kit. I added a doily that I misted with my favorite pink: Tattered Angels Vintage Pink. I also stuck in some cheesecloth remnants for a soft effect.

"Fashionista" Layout


I made this layout for Christy's SGC (Swirly Girl Challenge) this month. The challenge is to "transform" a sheet of paper using different media. Check out her challenge and all of the fabulous entries HERE. I loved every sheet of the paper in this kit, so I wasn't sure I wanted to transform it! This is an excellent challenge for getting messy, and I just couldn't pass up an opportunity like this, so thanks, Christy!

Here's a close up to see exactly how I transformed the paper:



I started by spreading a quick layer of Martha Stewart Crackle Medium and let it dry. It was a really thin coat and didn't result in any crackling, I was still happy with the texture it created. Next, I wiped a distress ink pad over it to tone down the starkness of the white medium. Next I used two mists: black Smooch spritz and Lindy's Stamp Gang teal. The sprayers on both mists clogged, so I just took them off and flicked the bottom of the nozzle and decided to embrace whatever would happen. I LOVE how the black came out! To finish the transformation of the paper, I used the pink Smooch ink that came in the kit on a script stamp roller.


Thanks for taking the time to check out my projects! Be sure to watch the video tutorial about the Ferro and stamping!

Have a wonderful weekend!


0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed