Friday, July 25, 2014
Our July kit has a beautiful collection of Blue Fern Studios papers, Ombre Dreams.  This is my first chance to use Blue Fern's papers and I must tell you they are fabulous!  Definitely the heaviest weight papers I have used so they work really well with mixed medias.

On this layout, I used a photo of my younger brother. He was the cutest kid ever, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I chose one of my favorite color combinations, using blue cardstock from the cardstock add-on and those gorgeous Petaloo yellow Botanica blooms from the flower add-on. The daisies are from I am Roses.

The chipboard pieces came in the Embellishment add-on and are a Blue Fern flourish that I cut apart and heat embossed. Those pretty doilies are part of the main kit.



 I love Prima's wooden embellishments and this one came in a set included in the Embellishments add-ons.


I did a little masking using Golden's Crackle Paste and a Prima mask - both from my stash.  You can see Prima's wooden rose embellishment peeking out here, also from the Embellishment add-on.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations Vienna Lake
Patterned paper: Blue Fern Ombre Dreams collection: base - Susan's Dream, rectangle - Ginger's Dream, torn rectangle - Blue Fern packaging
Letters: Maya Road
Chipboard: Blue Fern Flourishes
Embossing powder: Ranger Antiquities Weathered White
Flowers: Petaloo Botanica Blooms yellow 1102 103, I Am Roses daisies
Masking paste: Golden Crackle Paste
Paint: On letters, Shimmerz Dimensionsz Blue Lagoon, then covered with glitter
Other: Melissa Frances Doilies, Prima Wooden Embellishments


I have used nearly every smidge of paper that came in the kit but I did manage to put together this little card using scraps from Prima Princess paper that was also part of the kit.  I added the bit of lace and the small flowers.  The leafy branch is a die cut using a Memory Box die from the store.




Tomorrow I have a video tutorial up, hope you'll stop by and check it out!






1 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely Maggie's! I look forward to meeting you at camp! You have a way with color. . .

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed