Thursday, June 11, 2015
Let's kick this off with a layout of one of the nicest ladies I have ever met!  Here's our very own Swirly Savage, Sherri, in a candid photo I captured at Swirlycamp 2014.  Sherri and I sat next to each other and I enjoyed her so much!

The kit includes gorgeous papers from Kaisercraft's Oh So Lovely and Bo Bunny's Garden Journal collections.  I used Kaisercraft papers for this layout. I made a vine with some leaves and pink rosebuds from previous Swirly kits and tucked in some green kit flowers.  The floral butterflies are from last month's kit.  The 3 pink words are from my stash and everything else is from the kit.  I used the weaving stencil from the Mediums add on kit to do some masking on the background.


I thought the kit flowers were just a little bit too green for my layout so I sprayed them with Dylusions white linen mist.  This is a great way to lighten up your flowers without really changing the color.  Then I dabbled on some white paint.





 I loved the Creative Embellishments mini frames that came in the kit.  I embossed the frame with Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel and then framed one of the cut apart images.

Next up, a simple layout of my sweet Nika, again with the Kaisercraft papers.  I used a WRMK Lucky 8 Frilly Lace punch to cut the large circle doily and adhered that to the reverse side of another sheet of the same paper.


All the flowers are from the Signature Flower Kit.  I tucked in a flourish I diecut with Kaisercraft's Flourish die.

My title is Creative Memories chipboard from my stash and I heat embossed it with Stampendous shabby pink embossing enamel.  It looks kind of white in the photo, but it is a really soft pretty pink.

I love these Petaloo calla lilies and mums from the flower kit!

Here is the  May sketch included with the kit and below is my take on the sketch.


This is an old photo of my Mom and a friend of her's taken during WW II when she lived in Washington DC.  I am lucky to have so many great photos of her from that era.  Again, I have used flowers and butterflies from the Signature Flower Kit and Kaisercraft papers..  In the upper corner I tried something that didn't really work out all that well, LOL!  I did some masking in the corner and while the masking paste was still wet I sprinking it with micro beads from the Mediums Kit.  The mask I used was very detailed and so the addition of the microbeads completely masked all the fine detail of the stencil.  I think it would have worked out fine if I had used a mask that was not so fine and detailed.  Anyway, I think the beads make a nice platform for the cluster of flwoers!




I dabble on some white paint and used some mists from the Medium kit on the background.

I fussy cut the words from the Lass paper and then framed it with one of the Creative Embellishments mini frames that came in the main kit.  Again I used Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel.  Can you tell that I love that stuff??


This is the page I created for the May Anatomy of a Layout feature.  You can see how I put this layout together in the forums here.





Here's a card I made using some of the Bo Bunny papers that came in the kit.  I used a couple Kaisercraft paper blooms from an earlier kit on the front, and added some bling from the main kit.  I used  Spellbinders Elizabeth Borderstrip die from the store and cut the diecut down the center to embellish the sides of the floral card.

I popped up the center to give the card some interest.





Thanks so much for stopping by our blog today!  If you are not a Swirlydoos Kit Club subscriber, please consider it so that you never miss any of our beautifully coordinated kits. Please visit Swirlydoos Kit Club and click on Join Our Club on the left side bar. Be sure to mention my name, Maggi, when you subscribe because you will receive a 10% discount on your first kit AND a coupon for 30% off an entire purchase in the Swirlydoos store. Your Swirlydoos store purchases are always shipped free when shipped along with your monthly kit. Swirlydoos also maintains a Forum where everyone can share their work, tell stories and have a ton of fun! We have monthly challenges too so please come and join us!


3 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Gorgeous, my dear!!!! And I love that card, I'm stealing this one!!!

Sherrenae - Sherri said...

Everything is so completely gorgeous, and I really like the way the chipboard came out on Nika's layout. Thanks also for the nice comments. Getting to meet you at that camp was a highlight for me as I have loved your work for so long.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Love the lo with your Great card, too!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed